Booking and Payment Terms
To confirm your booking a one third deposit is required. The balance is due 60 days before the start of your holiday.
Payment may be made by credit card via Checkfront and Payment Express secure payment gateway.
All transactions are payable in UK Sterling.
We reserve the right to decline or accept a booking request.
When you book, you accept responsibility for the full cost of the holiday even if you are prevented from coming due to unforeseen circumstances and our cancellation provisions below will apply. For the avoidance of doubt, any request to make a date change will be treated as a cancellation. We strongly advise you to take out cancellation insurance appropriate to your needs, including cover due to cancellation if you are unwell with COVID-19 and unable to travel.
You may cancel your holiday at any time. The person who made the booking must write to confirm the cancellation as soon as possible.
The amount we agree to refund you is dependent on how close your cancellation is to the start of your Booking. This is because we are less likely to recover the cost of your Booking by re-letting the Accommodation. The amount of any refund due therefore decreases as your arrival date approaches:
More than 60 days before arrival: Total refund (minus £15 administration fee)
Arrival is 59 days – 43 days away: 50% refund
Arrival is 42 days – 31 days away: 40% refund
Arrival is 30 days – 15 days: 10% refund
Arrival is 14 days or less: No refund
Our right to cancel a booking:
We may cancel the contract for Accommodation at any time with immediate effect if:
-you do not pay us when you are supposed to, or
– you are in breach of these Booking Terms and Conditions in any other material way and you do not remedy the situation within a reasonable period after we ask you to.
Conditions of Rental
Accommodation at Cynefin Retreats is let on the understanding that our guests are responsible for their own safety and well-being.
In booking, you agree to:
– Pay for any losses or damage to the property.
– Take good care of the property and leave it in a clean and tidy condition on departure. We reserve the right to make a charge for extra cleaning if the property is not left in a satisfactory condition.
– Not to part with possessions of the property
– Should you accidentally leave any of your possessions behind we will be happy to post/courier these back to you at a minimum charge of £15. If not requested within 14 days of departure we reserve the right to dispose of the item.
Events Outside our Control
We will make every effort to provide the Accommodation. However, we may be unable to do so due to an Event Outside Our Control. We define Events Outside Our Control as any act or event beyond our reasonable control, including without limitation strikes, lock-outs or other industrial action by third parties, civil commotion, riot, invasion, terrorist attack or threat of terrorist attack, war (whether declared or not) or threat or preparation for war, fire, explosion, storm, flood, earthquake, or other natural disaster, epidemics/pandemics (not including COVID19), or destruction/damage to the Cynefin Retreats properties.
If an Event Outside Our Control affects the performance of our obligations under these Terms we will contact you as soon as reasonably possible to notify you and will offer you alternative dates to stay with us. We will not be liable for compensation, or responsible for any failure to perform any of our obligations under these Terms and Conditions caused by an Event Outside Our Control.
It is very important that all guests when choosing to travel and stay away from home in the UK manage the risk of having to cancel their stay. This includes by reason of illness of the guest or close family, family bereavement, change of plans, travel disruption or other any reason why the guest may need to cancel a stay. It is essential all guests understand these risks are theirs and, if they wish, obtain protection through travel insurance. We strongly recommend purchasing the appropriate insurance cover. We are unable to offer any refunds or date changes save as set out above.
Conditions for guests bringing Dogs
We welcome one dog per pod (unless otherwise agreed), subject to the following conditions:
- That your dog is well-behaved, quiet and does not disturb guests in neighbouring Pods
- That dog mess is collected and dispose of (either with the spade provided, or using dog mess bags).
- That your dog is washed and dried before coming inside after any wet/muddy walks
- That you make use of the dog towel blanket and ensure that that sofa is covered at all times
- That your dog is refrained from going in the bedroom and is kept off the bed
- That you bring your own dog basket/bed
- That your dog is supervised at all times when outside. Cynefin Retreats is in a rural area surrounded by farm land. It is therefore vital that the dog is not allowed to roam free without supervision.
We do our very best to ensure the pods are prepared and presented to the highest standard so our guests will enjoy their holidays here. If there is anything missing, a problem or any cause for complaint please let us know immediately and every effort will be made to assist you. Such situations are best resolved at the time, during the stay. Any problem must be reported to either Lorna or Linda on the phone numbers in the information pack or by email to firstname.lastname@example.org as soon as possible. In the event problem is unreported, it will be considered that we have not been given a reasonable opportunity to remedy the matter.
Receipt of your deposit or full booking fee (whichever is paid first) will be taken as confirmation that you have read and accept the terms and conditions detailed on this page.