An alternative to Hay-on-Wye cottages
Our four luxe-pods offer stylish, modern living, with iconic curved walls to the rear and wall-to-ceiling sliding glass doors to the front, with uninterrupted views to the countryside
Surrounded by Corsican pine trees, meadow flowers, and orchard, our pods sit within a seven acre haven in the Wye Valley, with the peaks of the Brecon Beacons just beyond the horizon.
Although designed for couples, we can provide a travel cot for an infant or a single duvet on the sofa for a child. Two pods are dog friendly, whilst two are kept dog-free.
Luxe Pod Spaces
- handcrafted floating bed (king size)
- En-suite with extra large rain shower
- Open-plan living area with log burner
- Fully-equipped kitchen
- Utility and cloak room
- Spacious decking area
- Large private terrace
- Seating area and fire pit with grill
- Outdoor dining furniture
- Sun loungers & Private hot tub
Luxe Pod Features
- Feather duvet and feather pillows
- Luxurious fluffy towels
- Hypnos pocket sprung mattress
- Quality Bose Sound system
- Glass-fronted Charnwood wood burner
- Broadband WiFi throughout
- Cosy Underfloor heating
- Fouta towels for hot tub use
With footpaths leading right from the doorstep, Cynefin Retreats makes for the perfect dog-friendly getaway. As dog owners ourselves, we understand that dogs are part of the family, and your four-legged friend is welcome to stay in either of our dog-friendly pods- Rowan and Hazel (one dog per pod). The price for bringing your dog is £30.
We ask that any guests bringing a dog follow standard etiquette, ensuring their dogs are well-behaved, and are supervised when they’re outside in our meadows, with all dog mess disposed of in the bins provided. Consideration of other guests and their dogs is a priority.
We lovingly provide:
- Accommodation for one dog per Pod in either Rowan or Hazel Luxe Pod
- Dog towel
- Sofa throw
- Warm running water for cleaning muddy paws and tummies
- Water bowl and food bowl
We kindly request:
- That your dog is well-behaved, quiet and does not disturb guests in neighbouring Pods
- That your dog is washed and tried before coming inside after any wet/muddy walk
- That you make use of the dog towel provided and ensure that that sofa is covered at all times
- That your dog is refrained from going in the bedroom and is kept off the bed
- That you bring your own dog basket
- That your dog is supervised at all times when outside. Cynefin Retreats is in a rural area surrounded by farm land. It is therefore vital that the dog is not allowed to roam free without supervision.
Anywhere in our woodland and meadow at Cynefin please would you collect your dog mess using the shovel provided and move to the hedge way.
Our four Luxe-Pods are designed and equipped to exactly the same standards and are priced according to the season.
|2020 Rates||Midweek nightly rate|
(Sunday - Thursday)
|Weekend nightly Rate|
(Friday - Saturday)
|Winter (Low Season)||£170||£190|
|Spring/Autumn (Mid Season)||£190||£205|
|Summer/Christmas/Holidays (High Season)||£205||£225|
We welcome guests staying 2+ nights. Regretfully we cannot accommodate one night stays.
We are pleased to offer a 14% discount for bookings of 7+ nights.
Winter (Low Season)
Midweek nightly rate (Sunday – Thursday) £170
Weekend nightly rate (Friday & Saturday) £190
Spring/Autumn (Mid Season)
Midweek nightly rate (Sunday – Thursday) £190
Weekend nightly rate (Friday & Saturday) £205
Summer/Christmas/Holidays (High Season)
Midweek nightly rate (Sunday – Thursday) £205
Weekend nightly rate (Friday & Saturday) £225