An alternative to Hay-on-Wye cottages
Our four luxe-pods offer stylish, modern living, with iconic curved walls to the rear and wall-to-ceiling sliding glass doors to the front, with uninterrupted views to the countryside
Surrounded by Corsican pine trees, meadow flowers, and orchard, our pods sit within a seven acre haven in the Wye Valley, with the peaks of the Brecon Beacons just beyond the horizon.
Although designed for couples, we can provide a travel cot for an infant or a single duvet on the sofa for a child. Two pods are dog friendly, whilst two are kept dog-free.
Luxe Pod Spaces
- handcrafted floating bed (king size)
- En-suite with extra large rain shower
- Open-plan living area with log burner
- Fully-equipped kitchen
- Utility and cloak room
- Spacious decking area
- Large private terrace
- Seating area and fire pit with grill
- Outdoor dining furniture
- Sun loungers & Private hot tub
Luxe Pod Features
- Feather duvet and feather pillows
- Luxurious fluffy towels
- Hypnos pocket sprung mattress
- Quality Bose Sound system
- Glass-fronted Charnwood wood burner
- Broadband WiFi throughout
- Cosy Underfloor heating
- Fouta towels for hot tub use
With footpaths leading right from the doorstep, Cynefin Retreats makes for the perfect dog-friendly getaway. As dog owners ourselves, we understand that dogs are part of the family, and your four-legged friend is welcome to stay in either of our dog-friendly pods. The price for bringing your dog is £30.
We ask that any guests bringing a dog follow standard etiquette, ensuring their dogs are well-behaved, and are supervised when they’re outside in our meadows, with all dog mess disposed of in the bins provided.
We lovingly provide:
- Accommodation for one dog per Pod in either Rowan or Hazel Luxe Pod
- Dog towel
- Sofa throw
- Warm running water for cleaning muddy paws and tummies (located outside our utility builiding)
- Water bowl and food bowl
We kindly request:
- That your dog is well-behaved, quiet and does not disturb guests in neighbouring Pods
- That your dog is washed and tried before coming inside after any wet/muddy walk
- That you make use of the dog towel provided and ensure that that sofa is covered at all times
- That your dog is refrained from going in the bedroom and is kept off the bed
- That you bring your own dog basket
- That your dog is supervised at all times when outside. Cynefin Retreats is in a rural area surrounded by farm land. It is therefore vital that the dog is not allowed to roam free without supervision.
- Collect all of your dog’s mess using the shovel provided and move to the hedge way.
Our four Luxe-Pods are designed and equipped to exactly the same standards and are priced according to the season.
|2020 Rates||Midweek nightly rate|
(Sunday - Thursday)
|Weekend nightly Rate|
(Friday - Saturday)
|Winter (Low Season)||£170||£210|
|Spring/Autumn (Mid Season)||£210||£225|
|Summer/Christmas/Holidays (High Season)||£225||£245|
We welcome guests staying 2+ nights. Regretfully we cannot accommodate one night stays.
We are pleased to offer a 14% discount for bookings of 7+ nights.
Winter (Low Season)
Midweek nightly rate (Sunday – Thursday) £170
Weekend nightly rate (Friday & Saturday) £190
Spring/Autumn (Mid Season)
Midweek nightly rate (Sunday – Thursday) £190
Weekend nightly rate (Friday & Saturday) £205
Summer/Christmas/Holidays (High Season)
Midweek nightly rate (Sunday – Thursday) £205
Weekend nightly rate (Friday & Saturday) £225