Luxe-pods on the Welsh Borders
Our four luxe-pods offer stylish, modern living, with iconic curved walls to the rear and wall-to-ceiling sliding glass doors to the front, with uninterrupted views to the countryside.
Each pod features an en-suite bedroom with romantic floating bed, adjoining a spacious, open-plan kitchen/living/dining area. With both a wood burning stove and luxurious underfloor heating, uniform warmth throughout the pod is guaranteed. An adjoining cloak room for boots, coats and other bulky items ensures your pod can remain uncluttered.
Sliding glass doors open to a partially covered wooden deck, with private hot tub enabling an easy transition between indoor and outdoor living across the seasons, whatever the weather. Beyond the deck is a spacious terrace with dining and lounging furniture. Each pod has a bespoke fire-pit with BBQ grill perfect for sizzling sausages and toasting marshmallows.
Booked this for my girlfriend’s birthday on a whim after liking the look of the cabins, the reality was far better than expected, it was wonderful, beautifully designed and lovely to stay in. The hot tub was excellent and the view in the morning was sensational, I hope to be back.
We at a fantastic time at the retreat, we were lovely and cosy and had more than everything we needed. The dog loved it too. Will definitely be visiting again. My advice is to just book as you will LOVE it! Perfect place to de-stress.
By day, breakfast in bed watching the sun come up on a crisp winter’s morning, take a picnic lunch in the meadow on a balmy summer’s day, or supper on the terrace watching the sunset.
By night, cosy up on the sofa with the log burner roaring and a good book in hand, or embrace outdoor living toasting marshmallows by the fire pit and drinking prosecco in the hot tub looking up at the stars.
Throughout the day, across the seasons, let this extraordinary landscape soothe the senses and rejuvenate the spirit.
Surrounded by Corsican pines, wild flowers and orchards, our pods sit within a seven acre haven in the Wye Valley. Our meadows and woodland create a natural habitat for local wildlife including badgers, foxes, and a plethora of birds.
For anyone wanting to get ‘out and about’ there are a wealth of options nearby to explore. We are fortunate to have Hay-on-Wye, the ‘Town of Books’, famous for its Literary Festival just three miles up the road. And, of course, the great outdoors beckons! Wild swimming, canoeing, trekking, cycling, and horse-riding are all within easy reach.
Staying safe during COVID-19
We are located in Herefordshire, on the Welsh-English borders. We have alligned ourselves with Government Guidelines to help ensure our staff and guests stay safe.
Our measures for minimising risk of COVID-19 are as follows:
- Our pods are naturally self-isolating. They are set well-apart from one another, so while guests stay with us, they need not come into direct contact with any other guests, or staff.
- Check-in is self-managed. There is no need to meet with us on arrival – your key can be found in the keysafe at the pod.
- Regarding cleaning, beyond our standard cleaning practices, which are always to a very high standard, particular attention is being given to all highly touched, hard surfaces which are cleaned then disinfected. We are fortunate in that we do not have any carpeted floors, and very few soft furnishings (blankets have been removed), so all of our surfaces are easily cleaned.
- Our pods have large sliding doors in both the living room and bedroom, which are opened by the cleaner on arrival, and remain open until her departure, giving time for fresh air to pass through the pod between guests.
- All linen and towels are washed using the hottest water setting.
- Cleaning supplies, hand sanitisers and soap are provided for guests to use during their stay.
- Our ‘Information Pack’ is emailed in digital form, prior to guest arrival, so there is no need to use the hard copy in the pod.
To view our COVID19 revised policies, please click here.
Our four bespoke luxe-pods are handcrafted by a team of local engineers, passionately committed to creating state-of-the art wooden dwellings. Designed on sustainable principles to sit gently in the landscape, each pod is constructed to the highest standards of energy efficiency and management.